About Use Google Maps Functionality in Planon
This solution adds an extra user option to the action panel, enabling end users to launch Google Maps integration. This action opens a pop-up within Planon in which the selected properties are indicated by a location marker in Google Maps. This can be beneficial for viewing property locations and gaining insight into their characteristics. It also enables the calculation of routes and distances between location markers.
High-level description of functionality:
- In order to gain insight into property locations, the user can open a graphical map, based on Google Maps, to view all properties or selected properties. Moving the mouse over a property location on the map opens a detail window containing more information about the property.
- The user can filter which properties are displayed on the map by selecting the relevant boxes next to the property names. The user can also choose to hide the filter menu by not configuring any statuses or countries in the settings of this platform extension.
- The user can view the route and directions between two properties shown on the map and can also calculate the distance between them, either by road or as the crow flies. To offer the full functionality of Google Maps such as for a route between two properties, a new Google Maps window is opened outside of the Planon environment.
|IWMS & CAFM, Employee Enablement, Real Estate Management||Planon||Global||Paid|
- Selected properties are displayed in Google Maps, indicated by a location marker.
- Filter option enables users to select which properties are shown on the map.
- Possibility to calculate routes and distances between location markers.
- Planon release L71 or higher.
- Google Maps API Key.
- There is no need to agree a separate SLA for this app.
Version of the app:
Related Planon solutions
Planon is the leading global provider of Real Estate and Facility Management software that enables building and service digitalisation by integrating the diverse landscape of smart building technology, business solutions and data into one source of truth and turning that into value for building owners, building users, and service providers. Independent market research and consulting firms have consistently rated Planon as a global leader in the market. Planon has implemented its comprehensive solutions for more than 2,500 clients, supported by offices and partners around the world.