~ With this recent acquisition, Planon’s expanded Technology Portfolio will fully support customers on their IoT journey ~
4 October 2021 Planon is pleased to announce the recent publication of the Verdantix report entitled ‘Planon Accelerates Its Smart Building IoT Strategy By Acquiring Axonize’.
On June 7, 2021, Planon announced its acquisition of Axonize, a no-code and highly scalable Internet of Things (IoT) platform. To learn more about the acquisition and implications for customers, Verdantix interviewed the Planon leadership team. Based on their analysis, Verdantix discovered that Axonize will provide Planon’s customers with enhanced IoT connectivity for buildings, by bringing greater scalability and speed to IoT data collection.
In the report, Verdantix highlighted that ‘the combined Axonize-Planon offering will also provide a strengthened technology portfolio for facilities services firms, facilitating the delivery of demand-based services.’ Additionally, Verdantix suggests that real estate and facilities management executives use this report to understand the significance of the Planon acquisition of Axonize, and to inform their own technology roadmaps.
The report further states that a plethora of prospective users will benefit from the acquisition, from service providers looking to digitise their services to facilities management teams, building managers and sensor providers.
Here are some examples of how they will benefit:
- Users can monitor, maintain and control their assets in a completely self-service manner
- Facility Managers can significantly reduce their buildings’ energy costs
- Facilities can become safer, healthier and more secure environments
- Firms could bring space utilisation data into Planon’s work order management system to adjust cleaning or maintenance schedules based on triggers
- Users can access digital twins that provide them with a real-world view of asset performance and operating condition
- Facilities services firms and systems integrators will gain new functionality to quickly build their own software applications that draw from IoT data.
In this report, readers will also gain insights regarding:
- Why 40% of the firms surveyed by Verdantix are currently evaluating IoT technology
- The challenges and solutions for firms looking to set up IoT programmes across buildings
- Ten usage scenarios for IoT deployment in Facilities Management.
A free copy of this insightful Verdantix report on the Planon-Axonize offering can be downloaded here.