This positioning confirms Planon’s expertise, leadership and winning long-term vision within the realm of CMMS and integrated facility management software, which Planon has been delivering to its customers for 35+ years.
October 7, 2021 – Planon is proud to be named a ‘Leader’ in the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) category and in the Facility Management (CAFM) Applications category in two IDC MarketScape reports – IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS CMMS Application 2021 Vendor Assessment and IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS Facility Management Application 2021 Vendor Assessment. In the assessments, the IDC MarketScape recognizes Planon’s open platform strategy and ecosystem, digital visualization capabilities and global presence as major strengths that Planon delivers to its customers.
“We are very pleased to have been named a Leader in CMMS and Facility Management,” said Pierre Guelen, Planon CEO. “Our CMMS and CAFM capabilities are vital components of Planon’s unique Integrated Workplace Management Solutions (IWMS) platform approach, where all our solutions are rich in functionality and built on the same cloud-based technology platform, based on a single data source, and integrated by design. This allows customers to easily scale and extend their preferred property technology across domains at any time.”
The IDC MarketScape Worldwide SaaS CMMS Application Vendor Assessment is an excellent report for buyers who are looking to evaluate CMMS vendors and learn about the most important criteria to take into account when selecting a CMMS and technology partner.
"Because SaaS turns a CMMS software deployment into a multiyear relationship, organizations should look beyond product functionality alone and evaluate a vendor's customer engagement, ecosystem approach, cloud delivery, software release strategy, strategic road map, and overall vision," says Juliana Beauvais, research manager, Enterprise Asset Management and Smart Facilities at IDC. "Ultimately, it is about finding a vendor you trust to deliver on its commitments. Look for a vendor that feels as much a cultural fit for your organization as a technical fit."
The same could be said about organizations looking for a long-term technology partner for an integrated facility management system. The IDC MarketScape for SaaS Facility Management (CAFM) Application vendors, states, “Organizations must think about key areas that differentiate SaaS facility management application vendors both today and tomorrow, which are customer relationships, configurability, mobility, location intelligence, IoT, and vision."
Both IDC MarketScape reports highlight a number of Planon’s strengths, including:
- Planon’s open platform and partner ecosystem, which can integrate with enterprise applications, vendor systems, and service contractors, as well as building management systems, IoT platforms, and sensors.
- Planon’s extensive interactive digital visualization capabilities to manage assets and buildings, including AutoCAD and BIM integration, and building digital twin models with images, reality capture, and cloud-based visualization linked directly to building floor plans and assets.
- Planon’s notable global reach and worldwide growth strategy. Planon has 14 offices throughout Europe, North America, and Asia and offers its product portfolio in 12 languages with live customer support in four languages.
A free excerpt of the reports on Planon can be obtained via the links below:
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS CMMS Application Vendor Assessment (Doc # US47985421, August 2021)
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS Facility Management Application 2021 Vendor Assessment (Doc # US47987021, August 2021)