In recent years, the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) landscape and the scope of maintenance processes and capabilities that a CMMS covers has greatly expanded. In addition to improving and automating processes around reactive, planned, condition-based, and preventative maintenance, CMMS vendors will offer an integrated solution which also supports organizations with improving:
- Scenario planning, resource planning and dispatching
- Work order management
- Health and Safety compliance
- Mobile solution capabilities
- Better monitoring, analysis, and reporting capabilities
The “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS CMMS Application 2021 Vendor Assessment” also states that with the prevalence of SaaS models, CMMS software deployment has now evolved into a multiyear relationship, meaning organizations should look beyond product functionality and evaluate a vendor’s customer engagement, ecosystem approach, cloud delivery, strategic roadmap, and overall vision when selecting a CMMS vendor.
For even more insights, you can fill out the form on this page to download a copy of the IDC MarketScape excerpt on CMMS for free. What you’ll find in this excerpt:
- The IDC MarketScape defines three critical steps organizations should take to choose the right CMMS
- Access to 20+ scoping questions to help you define your organizational strategy and needs before choosing a CMMS
- Learn how your organization’s strategy and goals can be supported by Planon’s CMMS and future-proof strategy
Why Choose Planon for your CMMS Needs?
Within this IDC MarketScape, Planon has been positioned as a “Leader” for CMMS solutions based on the depth of its CMMS capabilities and the strength of its strategy, roadmap, and vision for the future. The IDC MarketScape highlighted Planon’s strengths:
- Planon’s Open Platform and ecosystem (Planon Universe is an open platform that can integrate with enterprise applications, vendor systems, and service contractors, as well as building management systems, IoT platforms, and sensors.)
- Planon’s digital visualization capabilities (AutoCAD, BIM, Digital Twin Models, and more)
- Planon’s Global Reach (14 office worldwide; product available in 12 languages)
Download the excerpt to learn more.
*Source: IDC MarketScape Worldwide SaaS CMMS Application 2021 Vendor Assessment, by Juliana Beauvais, Mutaz Shegewi, Matthew Leger, 2021, IDC #US47985421
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. The Capabilities score measures vendor product, go-to-market and business execution in the short-term. The Strategy score measures alignment of vendor strategies with customer requirements in a 3-5-year timeframe. Vendor market share is represented by the size of the circles.