Higher Education experts across the United States joined Planon’s Blue Ribbon Panel to research and define what makes up the Campus of the Future. The panelists presented their research during Planon’s 2019 User Conference in Chicago and took several questions from the audience. Want to watch? Fill out the form on the right to get the full recording.
The Blue Ribbon Panel is exploring a wide range of topics, some include:
- What kind of change will just 5 years bring to the campus we know today?
- How can campuses use their existing real estate more efficiently?
- What are factors creating change?
- What sources of resistance can we anticipate?
- What will changing student demographics impact?
- Will we still be talking about sustainability?
- Who is a user of the campus in the future?
The Blue Ribbon Panel’s next stops:
Wednesday, July 31, 2019 – CFTA Conference
Delegates of the Blue Ribbon Panel will presenting their findings to the Campus Facility Management Technology Association (CFTA) audience at the annual CFTA conference in Austin, Texas on Wednesday, July 31, 2019. This session will also be recorded and available for download afterward.
Coming Soon 2019 – Published Report
The Blue Ribbon Panel will publish a Campus of the Future report outlining their work and findings. This report will define the minimum set of requirements necessary for a campus management system to support the users of the campus of the future.
Meet the Blue Ribbon Panelists
Blue Ribbon Panel Chairman:
- Larry Barkley, Managing Partner at the Barkley Consulting Group
Blue Ribbon Panelists:
- Nathan Moore, Information Technology Application Services at Michigan State University
- Gretchen Tucker, Facilities Information Services, University of Kentucky
- Pat Turnbull, Board of Advisors, Stuart School of Business, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Bruce Bashwiner, Senior Associate VP, University Facilities and Services, University of Rochester
- Tony Malagrino, Associate VP, Physical Plant, California State University Long Beach
- Josef Asteinza, Space Planning and Management, Real Estate Development and Facilities, New York University Langone Health
Planon representatives facilitating the panel include:
- David Karpook, VP of Operations at Planon
- Jennifer Fittz, Business Manager, Higher Education at Planon
- Zachary Hesse, Support Specialist at Planon